Here's how to save for your retirement in a straightforward tax-efficient way.
- There are no set up costs
- Invest from as little as £5,000 before tax relief (this can include the value of any existing pension you want to transfer)
- Make monthly contributions and one off payments (your Employer can pay in as well although we cannot accept contributions intended for workplace auto-enrolment schemes)
- Choose from over 3,000 funds
- Access your savings at any time from age 55
- View your account on-line together with your other investments held with Cofunds
- Switch between funds at no cost
There are some important points about how a pension works that you need to be aware of as well as the following risks:-
- Your money will be invested in the stock market and its value will fall as well as rise
- Income generated by your investments is variable and not guaranteed
- You could get back less than you invested
The tax treatment of pensions depends on individual circumstances and is subject to change in the future.
How much does it cost?
- 0.2% per annum to Charles Stanley Investment Choices based on the value of your Cofunds Pension Account and charged monthly. This pays for the services that we provide to you including our quarterly Investment Choices Magazine
- 0.23% per annum to Cofunds Limited based on the value of your investments and charged monthly. This pays for the cost of administering your account
There are additional charges when you come to draw your pension. A complete breakdown of the charges can be found here.
What do I do next?
- Read the Introduction to the Cofunds Pensions Account booklet and request a pension questionnaire either by email, post or phone
- Email or post the questionnaire back to us
- Upon receipt, we will send you an application form to sign and a personalised illustration
- If you need help with your fund selection, consult the latest Investment Choices magazine or contact us for help and guidance