Why should I set up a General Investment Account?
- You may have already used up your ISA allowance for the year - perhaps via your Cash ISA - and want to save more
- You want to take advantage of the £2,000 annual limit on income paid from dividends
- You need to save for a child - perhaps helping to fund university fees in the future. Take a look at our information on Designated Accounts and Junior ISAs
- You want to save a higher amount each month that will exceed the ISA allowance
- You want to hold all of your investments in one place to ease the administration burden
- You want a wider choice of investments from which to choose
Risks to be aware of
- Your money will be invested in the stock market and its value will fall as well as rise
- Income generated by your investments is variable and not guaranteed
- You could get less back than you invested
What else do I need to know?
Charles Stanley Investment Choices offer clients two investment platform options. The first is via our in-house platform of which more details can be found here. The second option is via the Aegon Platform. To find out more about Aegon please click here. If you require further information, send us an email or call, and we'll be happy to help.
How much does it cost?
Charles Stanley Investment Choices Platform
- Platform fee of 0.55% per annum up to a valuation of £500K; 0.45% between £500K and £1m; 0.35% for £1m+
- Typical Total Ongoing Charges Figure (TOC) of 1.03% per annum. Our costs and charges information document can be found here and should be read before you invest
- Zero platform charge for Junior ISA accounts
- Fees payable from the Cash Account
A full breakdown of our in-house service charges can be found here.
AEGON Investment platform
- Platform fee of 0.6% per annum up to £500K; 0.5% between £500K & £1m; 0.4% for £1m+
- Typical Total Ongoing Charges Figure (TOC) of 1.03% per annum per fund
- Fees payable from the Cash account
A full breakdown of the AEGON platform charges can be found here.
What do I do next?
- Decide on the funds you wish to invest into. For assistance with your fund selection, consult our latest Investment Choices magazine or contact us and we will be happy to help
- Request an application form by emailing us using the "Make an Enquiry" box opposite or call us on 01482 861455
- If you want to transfer an existing ISA from elsewhere (either Cash or Stocks & Shares), contact us to discuss your options.