What you need to know
- Available to children under the age of 18 but has to be established by a parent or guardian of the child
- Offer the same benefits as an "adult ISA" meaning there are no tax liabilities on income or capital gains tax
- Contribute from as little as £25 per month or a lump sum of £500 (this reduces to £100 once the Junior ISA is established) subject to a maximum of £9,000 for the 2021/22 tax year
- Contributions into the Junior ISA can be accepted from anyone (for example, a relative or friend of the family - ideal for birthdays or Christmas presents)
- No access to the investments until the child reaches the age of 18 (although the child can begin to manage the investments when they turn 16 - a great way to help with their financial education)
- When the child reaches the age of 18, the Junior ISA can be converted to an "adult ISA" for them to continue saving or the accumulated savings can be withdrawn
Risks to be aware of
- Your money will be invested in the stock market and its value will fall as well as rise
- Income generated by your investments is variable and not guaranteed
- You could get less back than you invested
What else do I need to know?
Charles Stanley Investment Choices offer clients two investment platform options. The first is via our in-house platform of which more details can be found here. The second option is via the Aegon Platform. To find out more about Aegon please click here. If you require further information, send us an email or call, and we'll be happy to help
How much does it cost?
Charles Stanley Investment Choices Platform
- Zero platform charge for Junior ISA accounts
- Typical Total Ongoing Charges Figure (TOC) of 1.03% per annum. Our costs and charges information document can be found here and should be read before you invest
- Fees payable from the Cash Account
A full breakdown of our in-house service charges can be found here.
AEGON Investment platform
- Platform fee of 0.6% per annum up to £500K; 0.5% between £500K & £1m; 0.4% for £1m+
- Typical Total Ongoing Charges Figure (TOC) of 1.03% per annum per fund
- Fees payable from the Cash account
A full breakdown of the AEGON platform charges can be found here.
What do I do next?
- Decide on the funds you wish to invest into. For assistance with your fund selection, consult our latest Investment Choices magazine or contact us and we will be happy to help
- Request an application form by emailing us using the "Make an Enquiry" box opposite or call us on 01482 861455
- If you want to transfer an existing ISA from elsewhere (either Cash or Stocks & Shares), contact us to discuss your options.